Stop Your Addiction Now
I know you’re in pain and probably feel helpless about your
alcohol or drug addiction.
But with the help of a skilled addictions therapist and
counsellor, you can get your life back on track.
If you’ve been consumed by your addiction to drugs or alcohol, your life is likely pretty chaotic. You’re probably feeling desperate. You’re seeking an addiction therapist because you know you can’t do this alone.
Do any of these symptoms of addiction apply to you?
- I’m unhappy, stuck and feeling like something needs to change.
- I tried to stop abusing substances but starting using again.
- I don’t know why I drink or abuse drugs. I only know it’s getting worse.
- My drinking is causing problems in my relationships and /or in my job (or I worry it soon will).
- I have blackouts when I drink and it scares me.
- I feel so much shame and guilt about my abuse of drugs or alcohol.
- I am starting to experience health problems as a result of my substance abuse.
- My life would be so much better if I quit drinking or using drugs.
- My life is a mess financially.
- I have stopped my addiction, but I still feel awful.
Perhaps your addiction is still a secret from many people–or at least you think it is—and you’re worried that you’re soon going to be found out by family members, friends or your employer.
You may be worried about losing your job. You’re tired of hiding your addictive behaviors and you want help. Yet, you are worried and feel hopeless because you know there is a long road ahead of you.
It’s Normal to Have Reservations About Seeking
Help From an Addictions Counsellor
I understand it’s difficult to admit you have lost control over your life and need help. Addiction is a cunning, baffling and powerful problem that can be too much to deal with on your own.
Substance abuse typically gets worse over time. If you haven’t already, you may at some point end up losing your family, friends, your health, or your job. In fact, you may lose everything you have.
You may be doubtful that addictions therapy can help you stop your substance abuse and prevent further disasters from happening.
BUT, if you don’t seek help now, when will you?
The sooner you get into therapy for your addiction, the sooner you will be on the road to recovery.
Obviously, you came to my addictions counselling website for a reason – you want a better life for yourself.
While you are not responsible for the factors that caused your addiction, you are the only one who can stop it.
Whether you believe it or not right now, you can have the life you want. Others have stopped their addiction through counselling and you can too.
The types of addictions I work with in therapy include:
- Alcohol and other drugs.
- Sex addiction.
- Work addiction.
- Gambling addiction.
- Internet addiction.
- Eating disorders.
Addictions counselling can help you stop your addiction and discover ways to cope with life in a more healthy way. Counselling can help you improve your ability to manage stress and help you feel good about yourself.
The better you feel about who you are, the less you will be inclined to continue with your drug or alcohol addiction.
Through Addictions Counselling, You Can Achieve
Positive Results Often Within a Short Period of Time
Benefits of addiction therapy with me:
- Stop your addiction.
- Stop negative self-defeating beliefs and patterns.
- Regain control over your life and feel more at peace with yourself.
- Reduce emotional distress, depression and anxiety.
- Stop procrastination and self-sabotage.
- Improve your self-esteem and confidence.
- Identify your emotions better and use them to help you communicate your wants and needs.
- Develop healthy boundaries for yourself and quit being a doormat for others.
- Break free from old behaviors that hold you back.
- Improve your relationships.
- Improve your health.
- Resolve conflict and manage your anger better.
- Develop unconditional self-acceptance and self-love.
I provide support and guidance to help you permanently heal from trauma, anxiety, and depression, which may be contributing to your addictive behavior. Mindfulness is a proven, researched based therapy we can use for relapse prevention.
“The secret of health for both mind and body is to live in the
present moment wisely and earnestly.” – Buddha
Do you want to feel better, have control over your life and have more satisfying relationships?
Why Choose Me as Your Addictions Therapist?
As an addictions therapist since 1992, I have helped thousands of clients and their families recover from addiction. They have improved their relationships, their performance at work, and have learned to live life without their “drug of choice.” They now lead healthy, happy and productive lives. They’ve gained more self-love, and you can too!
Having been in my own recovery since 1988, I completely understand your struggles and can offer you hope for your future, a future of recovery and healing.
Are you ready to feel truly comfortable in your own skin and to be free from your addictions?
Of course you are! Let me help.
Call me for a telephone consultation in Vancouver, BC at 604.733.7428. If you would prefer to email me, my address is email@example.com. I would love to hear from you.