Anxiety Can Be Beaten!
Counselling Can Help…
Anxiety disorders can seriously impair your daily functioning and take away from your enjoyment of life. The good news is that anxiety can be overcome with specialized anxiety therapy.
|Does any of this sound familiar?
Anxiety May Feel Like it’s Ruining Your Life!
Anxiety disorders can take a number of different forms:
- Generalized Anxiety Disorder occurs when normal concerns or worries become more intense, more frequent, and more unreasonable over time. If you are suffering with this type of anxiety, you probably are obsessing and have difficulty getting unpleasant thoughts out of your mind. It is interrupting your concentration, your sleep, and normal activity.
- Panic Disorder occurs when panic happens suddenly, with a triggering event or seemingly from out of nowhere. You feel worried, anxious and fearful. This experience is accompanied by uncomfortable physical symptoms—shortness of breath, dizziness, heart palpitations, trembling, sweating, shaking, and sometimes a fear of going crazy or of losing control.
- Social Anxiety interferes with your ability to enjoy social situations. It can include symptoms such as shortness of breath, tension and worrying that others will judge you negatively or that you will say something stupid.
- Phobias are irrational, intense fears accompanied by uncomfortable physical symptoms—shortness of breath, dizziness, heart palpitations, and shakiness.
- Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder stems from experiencing or witnessing a traumatic event that involved threat of injury or death that causes an extreme stress reaction.
It Doesn’t Matter Whether You Know Which Kind of Anxiety
You Have – All Anxiety is Treatable With Therapy
Anxiety and depression disorders often operate together in people’s lives. Some people only experience depression while others only experience anxiety. Again, all combinations can be overcome through specialized counselling for anxiety.
If you are experiencing anxiety and depression you are probably feeling the effects of “trauma energy” that is stuck in your nervous system. This type of energy can be treated effectively through a counselling technique called Eye Movement Desensitization Reprocessing (EMDR). You can find out more information about overcoming the symptoms of trauma on my trauma counselling page.
Worry and fear-based thinking can also be alleviated with mindfulness therapy and Cognitive Behavioral Therapy.
When I work with you in therapy, we begin by exploring when and how you become anxious. We will work gently together to get right to the root of the problem. This will help us determine what exactly is going on in your mind that is leading to overwhelming fear and worry. When we know that, we know exactly what to change, so you can feel calm and confident no matter what!
As Your Counsellor, I can help you:
- Eliminate fears and worries.
- Decrease anxiety, eliminate panic attacks and phobias.
- Become more efficient at feeling calm and in control.
Allow yourself to imagine…
- Living with clarity of mind and having strong, peaceful thoughts & feelings.
- Waking up feeling rested, calm and excited to start your day.
- Feeling TRULY free again.
- Feeling alive and energetic.
- Doing the things you love to do with passion, drive and confidence.
- Feeling in full control of your mind, emotions and your life!
If you are ready to get started with counselling for your problems with anxiety, please contact me in Vancouver, BC to set up an appointment.